Certifications & Affiliations
- Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Surgical privileges at Grande Dunes Surgery Center and Conway Hospital
- Reconstructive Breast Surgery Consultant
Medical Education & Training:
- College of Charleston, Charleston, SC – Bachelor of Science, Biology
- Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC - Doctor of Medicine
- New Hanover Medical Center, Wilmington, NC - General Surgery Residency
- University of Tennessee-Chattanooga, Chattanooga, Tennessee - Plastic Surgery Residency
- Dr.Cozart was named an "Outstanding Plastic Surgeon" By Cosmopolitan Magazine in 2011 and 2012
- He was awarded the "America's Most Compassionate Physician" award in 2010 and 2011
- Received the "Patients Choice Award" in 2010 and 2011
- Dr. Cozart and his staff received the "Talk of the Town" Award in 2010 and 2011 for excellence in customer service
Dr. Cozart is a native South Carolinian from Columbia S.C. His dream of becoming a plastic surgeon began when was only 12 years old. While visiting veterans at the Dorn VA Hospital in Columbia on his daily paper route, he encountered a veteran who had lost his nose. He asked one of the attending surgeons "how do you fix something like that?". From that moment on, he knew that becoming a plastic surgeon was what he wanted to do.
Dr. Cozart is married to the former Marla Jones and has 3 grown children.
When he's not caring for his patients, Dr. Cozart enjoys restoring old cars and listening to The Beatles.